Sunday, September 09, 2012

Not a Kitchen Nightmare

The last time my neighbor and I did a Costco run, one of the samples tables was touting this fake ground beef:


It tasted good, and I wanted to reduce my red meat consumption as painlessly as possible, so I bought some.  Then I cooked an eggplant, put it in a pan with some of the fake beef and a jar of store-bought basil pasta sauce and simmered the whole mess for a spell.  Then I poured it over penne.  It was quite tasty.

This is significant because most of my spontaneous cooking experiments turn out OK at best and sometimes just plain bad.


1 comment:

Chuckbert said...

Costco here had that big bag-o-beefless-bits just once. Now we have to get it in smaller quantities at Trader Joe's. I don't know if it tastes like beef (I hope not!) but it adds a welcome bit of texture to food in addition to the nutrition. Keep eating less red meat!