Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I'd Like to Live Here

Yesterday I took my camera to Franklin St., which is parallel to Mass Ave. on the way to Central Square. That area is a jungle of shade trees and climbing ivy. I want to live there.

Many of the houses have interesting features.

This house has a wonderful fence. You get tantalizing glimpes of the house and yard.

Same fence. They give us people on the outside plenty to look at.
A closeup. Can you see that the stone relief depicts scenes from the Bible?

A small window gives another peek inside.

I like color--loud color, even. I would definitely feel comfortable in this neighborhood.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be your neighbor! Such a pretty and funky area. Reminds me of Madison. Julie

Chuckbert said...

It must be fun living in a neighborhood with character.

In these parts so much of the landscape is ruled by neighborhood associations that let you choose beige or, well, beige for your house color. "And they're all made of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same."